I found this review on Amazon as a review for the book “Understanding the Borderline Mother.” This excerpt says a lot about people’s understanding of borderlines:
Perhaps it is true that the borderline personality is a real disorder in various ways, but I know for a fact that there are borderlines who can control their negative behaviours when they really want to, and that is the most frightening thing of all, that a grown adult can still act so immaturely and continue to destroy other people willfully. I think that someone needs to write a book about this too. Also take in mind that some people who were once classified as “borderlines” often improve with age. For this reason, I do think that it’s possible for borderlines to change somewhat, if they really want to.
So, what do we have here?
- It is not a real disorder (perhaps).
- Borderlines can control their negative behaviors (when they really want to).
- A grown adult can act so immaturely?
- A person can destroy other people willfully?
- They can change (if they really want to)
Hmmm… I guess she feels that borderlines don’t really want to change. They enjoy what they do. Do you feel this way about your borderline?